Thursday, April 26, 2012

Life of Pi Reflection

Atheism/Agnostic

Pi's opinion on atheism is that atheists are capable of believing in god because they always had faith, just faith in science rather than in god. Agnostics choose not to believe in anything, and Pi doesn't agree with agnostics. Pi believes that agnostics "lack imagination and miss the better story."
    I agree with Pi and Yann Martel. I think that religion is interesting and imaginative. Even if you're an atheist, you still believe in something, rather than nothing. Agnostics don't believe in anything at all. They think that everything has an explanation. Agnostics believe in rationalism, unlike religious people who believe in faith. I myself, am christian. I think it would be hard to live without believing in something. I feel safer knowing someone or something is there to help me. Without believing, the curiosity and doubt would bother me.
Everybody may have a different opinion on this topic. In conclusion, I think that being an atheist is better than being an agnostic.

No comments:

Post a Comment