Thursday, May 3, 2012

Exploring Life of Pi

Faith is an important theme in The Life of Pi. Yann Martel tests your faith in the book over and over agian, but why? Why would he make his own book harder to believe? The key to having a sucsessful book is to have the reader believe it in everyway. I mean, I wouldn't want to read a book that  I already knew was fake. Yann Martel does this to make the book fit the reader the best, by letting the reader decide whether or not to believe that Pi was stuck on the ship with those animals. In the end he shows a logical explanation to what might have actually happened, he did this so even if you didn't believe what happened with the animals you'd have a logical explanation and regain your lost faith. So either way you would have faith in the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment