I have been thinking about some themes in Life of Pi. Pi practices a lot of religions at once he is very secular. This strikes me pretty oddly. Personally, I was really offended the way the author described my religion. I'm Muslim, and I know that Muslim is far more greater than the way the author described it. Praying looks like yoga? Not only that, but he also mixes it with Christianity and Hinduism. Ever since I was little, I was raised and taught Muslim, I always had a deep and profound understanding of it. I know that Pi will not understand anything as it is obvious he does not understand the religion the way it is described in the book. I do not like the way the author wrote this book and believe that it will offend a lot of other people besides me. Every time i relate this theme to the Muslim teachings in my life, I get angry and offended. I do not wish to see anymore of this type of offensive context in this book anymore.
No comments:
Post a Comment