Thursday, April 26, 2012

Being Secular and Believing in God

The Topic of Being Secular and Believing in God
My Response
By: Adriana Mitreska
April26, 2012

           When I was listening to the novel “Life of Pi”, we came up with a number of subjects that would relate to the story but, the one that got me thinking about the most was when I heard about the topic of being secular and how Pi believes in being in three different religions other than his own. The author who created the character Pi had said some things that might be hurtful to other religions in their belief in God, which can also be known as “the higher power”, and I don’t think that those words were the right choice. If I were in a Catholic school, I would take it really offensive, and I still do but, the author had his own interpretation. Pi, also has his own view of how he sees or believes in God but I am getting mixed interpretations of his view because he wants to have three different religions but he doesn’t take into consideration of how other people do things in other countries. After that, I gave some thought about what we had talked in our class discussions and I thought about my own questions. I wanted to find out what will happen further on in the story because, I would like to see if the author or the character Pi would change his mind about they way people live, or not. If that does happen then I would want to see his new view is, and what made him change his mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment