Thursday, April 26, 2012

Survival of Pi

 Pi was stuck on a lifeboat for 227 days with 4 animals one of which is the Bengal Tiger. This doesn't get me wondering if he survives or not (because we all know the answer to that now) but how exactly he did it. I mean I don't think living with a tiger for 227 days is very easy. The first question that comes to mind is where would he get his basic nescessities? Food, I can understand Water..but it is the ocean, and even shelter from all sorts of storms and natural events. But other than these the whole religious concept of the book comes to play. Pi is faithful to all 3 religions, this is sure to take some sort of effect on him on the boat. I wonder if this event will make him even more faithful, or crush his faith. Will this cause him to stick to only one faith or increase his understanding in all? Also, there are no human beings on the ship with him (well that can be questioned but I'm not reflecting the other story) so it could play a psychological toll on him, or it could go the other way and increase his bonding with animals and go against the way his father taught him of animals.

No comments:

Post a Comment