Thursday, April 19, 2012

Reel Canada

Yesterday I participated in the Reel Canada Film Festival, and I thought that Reel Canada may be something like a motivation for students if they are aspiring to be in the film industry. Essentially, they are promoting movies that are made by Canadian cinematographers, and to motivate the younger. Reel Canada kind of gives Canadians some pride, for the movies that were made were not Hollywood-worthy, but they were still all right, especially "The Rocket," and the short movie, "Pedestrian jar." I think that When we interviewed Evan Morgan, the director of Pedestrian Jar, he gave us a good insight into how movies are made, and the conflicts in them too. Reel Canada is actually kind of a travelling film festival, where different schools come and enjoy movies made by Canadian authors. Vimeo and Reel Canada are kind of alike, Vimeo being a website for young and talented filmmakers to show their true colours, and Reel Canada comes around schools trying to promote that kind of stuff among teenagers. I like the idea of this program because the students get to choose a movie to watch and a special guest comes and the students can ask him/her questions about filmography and the making of films. All in all, the "festival" was great, the movies low-budget, and I wonder what destination they'll be going to next?

Hamza Khan

No comments:

Post a Comment